Types of Rhinoceroses
Rhinoceros Species Index
- Rhinoceros Species
There are seven species of bears that remain on the Earth today. While they are all similar in basic ways, there are enough differences for them to each have their own category as well as name.
- Black Rhinoceros There isn’t really a Black Rhinoceros in color, but the name of them is there to help distinguish them from the White Rhinoceros.
- Javan Rhinoceros The Javan Rhinoceros is classified as critically endangered species. They are also the species that we know the least about.
- White Rhinoceros This is a huge animal that typically weighs from 3,000 to 8,000 pounds. The weight record is one that was 9,900 pounds.
- Indian Rhinoceros Next to the White Rhinoceros the Indian Rhino is one that many people are familiar with.
- Sumatran Rhinoceros The appearance of the Sumatran Rhinoceros is one that is smaller than the other species.