Why is my extrusion not solid Rhino?
Extruding the curve won’t result in a solid, because you’ve not told rhino what shape to make the bottom and top surfaces, as they are not planar. To get around this, split the surface with the curves, then use ExtrudeSrf instead.
How do you make a curve with a surface?
To create a NURBS surface from curves:
- Draw two or more open NURBS curves to create an enclosed region.
- Select the NURBS objects being used to create the NURBS surface.
- Select Model > 3D Power Pack > Create Surface from Curves.
How do I convert mesh to surface in Rhino?
Step 1: Start Rhino.
- Step 2: Select Import… from the File menu. The import file dialog box is displayed.
- Step 3: Zoom to the extents of the drawing (View->Zoom->Extents). You will find the mesh from pipe.
- Step 4: The Rhino command prompt ‘Select a mesh to create a nurbs surface’ is displayed.
What is Boolean Rhino?
Boolean solids The Boolean commands work best on closed surfaces and polysurfaces that intersect each other completely. Boolean2Objects. Cycle through possible Boolean operations between two objects. BooleanDifference. Subtract the volume of one set of objects from another.
How do you fill an object in rhino?
The easiest way to fill holes in a NURBS surface is through the command Cap. This will fill any closed, planar, holes in your surface geometries. The ShowEdges command being run on this box shows the triangular opening inside the cavity in the box. The hole can be closed with the Cap command.
Why can’t i cap in rhino?
Rhino needs to have a closed, planar curve to create a cap surface. If an extrusion of a theoretically closed planar curve doesn’t cap, even though you chose Extrude from the solid menu or clicked cap=yes in the command line, there are one of two things wrong… 2) it isn’t really planar.
How do you cap extrusion?
You can cap an extruded surface at one end or at both ends.
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- To seal an end of the extrude, under Direction 1 in the PropertyManager, select Cap end. You can seal the other end of the extrude by selecting Cap end under Direction 2.
- Set other options and click.